Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Lord, do I have the right intensions?

PLEASE continue to pray that the Lord will help me prioritize my time. I'm coming up to the last week and a half of SIL. There is quite a load with assignments, papers, and finals. After school is out, I am driving back down to the cities where I will immediately start work, move into my house (Aug. 15th), and go back to school a couple weeks later. Hmmm ... Insanity? I'm beginning to think so.

Today's chapel hit me. Albert Bickford (SIL director) spoke on the great commission and how emphasis is wrongly given more to it than the 2 greater commands. The Shema from Deut. 6 and loving your neighbor as yourself. It made me really think about my motivation for going on the field. "Lord, do I have the right intensions?" I really think that there is a balance that's hard to find. Please feel free to comment on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails