"The Africans are coming!" - Peter Tarantal
Check out the site. You'll be informed/updated on all the leading issues the church is facing today, particularly as it grows in the southern hemisphere.
Assignments on My Mind
- Set the Lord and my husband in the center of my life
- Create a place of refuge and love for those who live in and visit our home
- Recognize and act in ministering to needs at Hope Lutheran Church, Minneapolis and the Church at large
- Seek opportunity to share Christ with and pray for those who don't know Him and to encourage those who do
- Communicate the mission of God and the message of the World Mission Prayer League to the best of my ability
- Pursue information and opportunity for service in Bible translation/engagement
1. Daily Goals. "[S]et small, daily goals that will keep you moving forward. Big goals are important, but small goals get the job done."
(Check out this blog post.)
2. News. "[I]t’s crucial that you keep up with world news, national news and the news of the particular industry you want to join. We live in the Information Age, so the most informed people are the ones who are most likely to succeed."
3. Coffee. "While the actual caffeinated stuff helps a lot of people achieve their career goals, what I mean here is getting together with people for coffee -- also known as networking."
4. Mentors. "They are people who have “been there, done that” and are willing to share their wisdom to help your career grow. To receive the maximum benefit from a mentor, be sure to set up regular meetings... bring specific topics or challenges you’d like to discuss for each session."
5. Responsiveness. "With the amount of e-mails, LinkedIn requests, Twitter direct messages, voice mails, text messages and IMs we all receive, it can be hard to get back to people in a timely way. But those who are responsive -- especially to important requests and time-sensitive opportunities -- really stand out from the crowd."