Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Prayer


O God whose will conquers all,


There is no comfort in anything


apart from enjoying thee


and being engaged in thy service;


Thou art All in all, and all enjoyments are what to me


thou makest them, and no more.


I am well pleased with thy will, whatever it is,


or should be in all respects,


And if thou bidst me decide for myself in any affair


I would choose to refer all to thee,


for thou are infinitely wise and cannot do amiss,


as I am in danger of doing.


I rejoice to think that all things are at thy disposal,


and it delights me to leave them there….


I can of myself do nothing to glorify thy blessed name,


but I can through grace cheerfully surrender soul


and body to thee.


-From The Valley of Vision: A Collection


of Puritan Prayers and Devotion




Picture taken by Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails