Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Commissioning

I was commissioned for missionary service in Nigeria with Lutheran Bible Translators (LBT) on Sunday, 18 January 2009 at Hope Lutheran Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  The service was beautiful, and I was in tears the entire time.  Pastor Tom Brock was the officiant and Dr. Marshall Gillam, Executive Director of LBT, gave the message.  We sang I Love to Tell the Story; We've a Story to Tell to the Nations; Hark, the Voice of Jesus Callingand O Zion, Haste, Thy Mission High Fulfilling.  Pastor Brock asked me, "Will you, trusting in God's care, seek to grow in love for those you serve, strive for excellence in your skills, and adorn the Gospel of Jesus Christ with a holy life?"  I was only able to respond positively because I KNOW that this is the Lord's work and I am merely His servant.  I am so excited to learn and to be used.  I hope to leave for Nigeria at the beginning of March.  My first term is two and a half years.  Please pray with me for the Yala people and those working in translation among them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails