Thursday, January 29, 2009

The mission & a prayer request

Tonight my mind is full and my heart is heavy.

I went to a mission meeting at the Bible school that I went to in 2003-2005. This meeting was almost identical to one I was at 5 years ago. Many of my thoughts were the same from both times. God is faithful. There are people across the street and around the world that need to hear about Jesus. To love the Lord our God is the heartbeat of the mission (see lyrics for Steve Green's "The Mission"). I have sworn to dedicate my life to this mission: to live responsibly, deepen my devotion to the cross at any price, and to testify to the Gospel of God's grace.

Today, someone very dear to me called. He said that I shouldn't go to Africa. I told him that there are people in Nigeria that need to hear about Jesus. He said, "There are people here that need to know about Jesus." He is not a Christian.

I could not go if I wasn't confident that many of you are here in the United States telling people about Jesus. Thank you.

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST:
My co-workers and mentors have postponed their departure for Nigeria. Their daughter-in-law is pregnant with conjoined twins. They share all organs except their hearts. Please pray for a miracle! My heart is heavy for them. They are supposed to be the nearest (30 minutes away) missionaries to where I hope to be in Nigeria. I don't know how this will effect my assignment yet. I still hope to leave around the first week of March. Please pray for them and the babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails