Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Praise the LORD!

This is a email that I got from Vanna just the other day. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. I also got one after this and she's meeting with Christina for bible studies and prayer. The Lord truly works miracles doesn't he?!

_.+*+._.+*+._.+*+._.+*+._.+*+._.+*+._.+*+._.+*+._.+*+._.+*+._

Hi Ruthie!

Thanks for the prayer when I called. I really needed it. But God used my bad health amazingly!! I went to the emergency room, I was in pain, and they didn't really do anything to help me. I felt really rotten afterwards and was just having a bad day. So I wanted to get out of the house to get my mind off of my rotten day. So I asked Christina (a foster-child staying with us for a week, she's twelve) to go to a movie with me. I just wanted company so that I didn't have to go to the movies alone. But God had plan for that night. Christina threw a barrage of spiritual questions at me before and after the movie. I could tell that the Holy Spirit had been working on her. And we started going through verses and she came to Christ! She was the first person that I had the privilege to lead to the Lord. He is so good, He saved another soul! Since then, I bought Christina a Bible, she's been reading, and I saw a 180 degree change in that girl in the span of one week. I had been grumbling the entire day before Christina came to Christ. JESUS IS SO AMAZING!

I thought that would be encouraging for you. I hope your studies are going well, I'm praying for you Ruthie! Please continue to pray for me, my health is not getting any better, I have little energy, and I have to take narcotic pain relievers at night so that I can sleep. The chest pain gets so bad that I gag. I spend a lot of time in bed. But since God is not granting me wellness at this time, He must have a plan to use this in some way. I've already seen what God can reap from what I am going through right now. Please pray that I'll have a soft heart and open ears to hear and see what God has planned for me through this. I also have a couple of unpleasant medical tests scheduled, please pray for those as well. You're an amazing friend in Christ Ruthie. I know that we don't talk much, but I know that you are praying for me.

In His Love,
Vanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails