Thursday, September 11, 2008

Letter from some guy

I've been posting way more than usual, but I'm kind of on vacation in the midst of my hectic speaking schedule. Besides, I read a fantastic letter, and I've got to share it.

So there’s this guy who went on this missionary journey back in the day, kinda like what I’m about to do…except this was his third. He wrote this incredible letter. I’m going to plagiarize a bit because there’s no way that I can put it better than he can. Basically the letter was urging me to stop conforming to what the world is doing and to revamp my mind in order to be transformed. This way, I will be able to test and approve God’s will which is always good, pleasing, and perfect. Praise the Lord for that! The letter also reminded me that I’m not walking alone. There are so many people who are following God, and we are all working together like body parts do in a body. We’ve all got different gifts, and we should encourage each other to use these gifts. Even in Nigeria, I’m going to be part of that body. He wrote about love. Hate evil, love good. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. I needed to hear these things … several times I guess, because people keep reading this letter to me all over the place.

Anyways, this letter is so convicting and encouraging. Let me know what you think of the concept “Living Sacrifice”—pretty profound, eh?
----------------------------------------

Prayer pleas(e):


1. Travels: I left MN in Aug and I’ve shared in 4 churches, a school, and a few small groups. I’ve got MANY more, and I won’t be back “home” in MN until November. Yay for snowmen! I’m in Northern California and Oregon next so let me know if I’m near you!!!

2. Assignment: LBT's still working things out. Anyone know where I can get a good motorcycle helmet. I know, I know, it’s crazy.

3. Wanted: We still need tutors for LBT! I’m pretty sure you’ve gotta be Lutheran to go with the organization. You know what they say, “You don’t have to be Lutheran to teach kids, but it sure doesn’t hurt.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails