Saturday, September 06, 2008

Becoming a worm...or something

51V7T670NEL__SL500_AA240_heavenlyman 513E8RY5SML__SL500_AA240_ 

I am going through a reading overload. This is not because I've been reading too much. I don't think this has ever happened. While my three siblings were perfecting their reading skills, I was climbing trees and playing with the village kids. My parent's were happy that I even learned how to read for how little time I spent doing the activity. My reading overload has come from book discoveries. I just realized today that I have at least 8-10 books that I have begun reading! Ooops. It's not my fault. I was plugging away at Foxe's Book of Christian Martyrs, Peace Child, and Elliot's Be Still My Soul (which have been a several month projects during treasured spare moments). I was also reading a couple books in preparation for Nigeria: Travel Well and African Friends and Money Matters. So when I began my roadtrip I brought these along with The Heavenly Man (which I began reading at a youth hostel in Utah), some heart nurturing book I got from someone at LBT, and a fabulous Semantics and Translation book by K. Barnwell that I have been slowly working through. Since my arrival to California, my grandpa has given me at least two books to read: The Treasure Principle and The Translated Bible (which I'm thrilled about!). Also, I just spoke at a church and met the son and daughter-in-law of John Anderson, the man who helped start LBT's work in West Africa. They lent me his book to read and I've gotten through the first couple chapters or so! Wahoo!!! What do I do? Any suggestions?  And, no, I don't know how to skim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails