Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's been a while.

It has been a while since I've updated this thing with the happenings of all aspects of my life. Here is a start.

I am in graduate school now. Weird. This is the fifth move I've made in about nine months, including three different states.

God is good.

I came here in January. My car made it about 2,000 miles on a broken-ish head gasket. Many people said that it would not make it. She's still running.

God is good.

I've finished one course: Scripture Use Methods. It was such a good class, and I have learned so much about the importance of promoting translated Scripture in an applicable and effective way.

God is good.

I've started two more classes: Culture, Language, & Mind and Discourse Analysis. I think that they are going to be good classes. Hard, but good. They make me think, and they challenge me. That's for sure. I have felt pretty insecure about my knowledge, training, and abilities, but...

God is good.

I am definitely being humbled as I sit in classes with brilliant and experienced professors and students. Some things... many things... are way over my head.

God is good.

Satan has been attacking the school physically, spiritually, and emotionally. He doesn't want people to get the Scriptures. Christ has healed many people and relationships.

God is good.

I have been exploding with emotions. A dear childhood friend has cancer and is going in for his seventh round of chemotherapy in the last few month. My heart is heavy. I don't understand the Lord's ways.

God is good.

I miss my family.

God is good.

I have been going to an excellent church that I found right away, and I am being fed. The Lord has also opened up opportunities to spread His love.

God is good.

I am learning that it is okay to be amazed at the Lord's work and His incredible wonders.

GOD IS SO GOOD.

Micah 6:8, "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails