I finished my adventures in California. I've put over 5,000 miles on my car and have driven through 9 states in less than 2 months. I'm in Bend, Oregon \visiting one of my best friends from high school and a good friend from linguistic school in ND. It just so happened that they both moved to this beautiful city! I'm going to Portland area tomorrow for a few days and then on to NE Oregon before I make my way through Montana. It's kind of crazy, but I'm having tons of fun!!! Here are some things that I've enjoyed in recent travels. You know, the little things other than living out of my car and getting to know gas stations pretty well.
2. Baseball. I've discovered a very strong like for the game. My baseball knowledge has grown significantly, and I've been following the playoffs very closely. I've almost peed my pants a couple times, and I've come close to crying.
3. Dogs. As some of you know... I haven't always loved the creatures. Do you blame a girl who's been attacked a couple times and has had a couple series of rabies' shots? Well, I'm convinced that I want to get a dog when I get to Nigeria. I love them when I'm not scared of them.
5. Paper clamps. These things are so handy! Not only do they hold stacks of paper together, but also missionary style display boards!
7. The Church. I love it. I am referring to the body of members. We are all part of the body (I Cor 12:12). This has become especially important to me as I've been speaking in dozens of churches around the country.
11. Speaking. I know this is dreaded my many if not most missionaries, but I'm loving it!!! I love going to the different churches and groups and telling them about the ministry and about Bible translation (sometimes for the first time)!