Sunday, June 15, 2008

Quotes

   I was deleting my favorite quotes from my facebook page so I thought I'd share them here before I delete them forever.  Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------

GrassPalace1"Grass shelters and armpits clearly have something in common." -Keith Allan, author of some linguistic article on classifiers

"Ooolala I spilled soup all over myself." --Pete Unseth

"We have only to keep the end in view, and have our hearts thoroughly engaged in the pursuit of it, and means will not be very difficult." -William Carey

"Over the ocean, millions I see, fettered in bondage, beckoning me. Crushed beneath sorrows too heavy to bear--gladly I answer, ocean2Lord, send me there." --E. Elliot (No Graven Image)

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." -John Wesley

"I have aggravated burps!" -My Brother

"I have a crush on every boy!" -Swash

"When I grow up, I want to be food for starving cannibals so they can have live a bit longer to hear about Jesus!" -Karen

"Tarter sauce!" -David

"You need to stop reading Elisabeth Elliot... you don't have her life." -Esther

Bro: "You hate me." Ruthie: "I love you more than any other boy in the whole world." Bro: "You hate every boy." 13701947

Even little girls named Ruthie all have teeth. All Ruths are toothy. --Dr. Seuss (The Tooth Book)

“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.” --Babe Ruth

"Everything starts with prayer. Love to pray--feel the need to pray often during the day and take the trouble to pray. If you want to pray better, you must pray more. The more you pray, the easier it becomes. Perfect prayer does not consist of many words but in the fervor of the desire which raises the heart to Jesus." Mother Teresa

"Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work." --Oswald Chambers

"Never say you will pray about a thing; pray about it." --Oswald Chambers

שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יהוה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יהוה אֶחָד

scrollsCould we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made, were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade, to write the love of God above would drain the ocean dry. Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky. --F.M. Lehman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails