Thursday, April 01, 2010

Holy Week

It's Maundy Thursday. We use this day in the church to remember the Last Supper of Jesus with His disciples before His death. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Holy Week, here you go.

  • Palm Sunday (Sunday before Easter): This is to remember Jesus, the Messiah, riding into Jerusalem on a donkey and fulfilling the prophesy.
  • Maundy Thursday ("Holy Thursday"):  This is to remember the Last Supper, the night before Christ's crucifixion.
  • Good Friday: This is to remember Christ's death for us. He took on our sin at the cross.
  • Easter: This is to remember the third day after Christ's death when He rose from the dead and had victory over the grave, sin and Satan! Wahoo!

All of this was so you and I can go to Heaven!




And can it be that I should gain
an interest in the Savior's blood!
Died he for me? who caused his pain!
For me? who him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be
that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! How can it be
that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
- Charles Wesley

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails