Wednesday, December 26, 2007

He is the King of Glory!

------------------PRAISE:------------------
Happy Birthday Jesus!
I had a wonderful time celebrating Christmas with my family and saying goodbye to them for some months. I'm staying with my sister Mary and her family in Ohio before I head down to Dallas on the 4th and 5th.During the roadtrip to Ohio, my sister Esther and I had a good discussion about God and how He graciously reveals Himself to us in so many different ways. The Lord displays His faithfulness to each of us, and we notice it in many different ways. She sees His might and faithfulness most through creation, and I through people.

This is what Yahweh (the LORD) said to Moses while on the mountain, "Yahweh, Yahweh, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin."

Thanks to His son Jesus, whose birth we just celebrated, our sins ARE forgiven. YES!!!

--------------PRAYER:--------------
My car made it fine to Ohio with a broken headgasket; and she's still running, but I still have over 1,000 miles to drive. Please pray for protection on the road for me and for my friend Kevin who's driving down with me.My last post was about lonliness and finding comfort in Christ. This is a lesson I am still learning along with several others. I am still going through a rough patch, but God's faithfulness is magnified during these bumps. I am encouraged by Psalm 24.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

1 The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;
2 for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters.
3 Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.
5 He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior.
6 Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob.(Selah)
7 Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
10 Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty— he is the King of glory. (Selah)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails