- I've prepared to leave the country long-term and not gone.
- I've resigned from an organization and joined another.
- I've surrendered marriage and been given a husband.
- I've had many vaccinations and not needed their effect.
- I thought I was done at SIL-UND and was blessed with another summer taking literacy.
- I've said "goodbye" to my 4 siblings and gained 7 more.
- I've said "goodbye" to 2 nieces and 1 nephew and gained 2 nieces and 6 nephews.
- I've grieved leaving my parents and gained another set.
- I've talked about moving from "home" for a mission field and seen my parents move to Alaska, a mission field.
- I've given my car and other earthly possessions away and have been given them back.
- I've taken leave from graduate school and have begun helping a husband through school.
- I've studied my identity and calling and gained a whole new set.
- I've prayed about a host family and have begun hosting my brother.
- I've prayed about a partner in ministry and have gained a partner for life.
- I've prepared for the village and moved to the city.
- I've worried about safety and have been given a protector.
- I've done pre-field counseling that turned into premarital counseling.
I've walked with the Lord.
I've seen His hand on my life.
I've been encouraged and affirmed.
I've been provided for.
I still love people.
I still want to be a missionary.
I still want to do Bible translation.
I just gave it all up to marry a man
who wants to give it all back... and more!
Good thing that God does what He wants.