Friday, February 27, 2009

Unexpected delays!

Dear loved ones and prayer warriors,

Thank you so much for standing with me in prayer.  I am looking forward to living among the Yala people in Nigeria for the next two and half years, Lord willing!

DEPARTURE UPDATE:  I still do not have my visa.  LBT (Lutheran Bible Translators), the organization with which I’m working, hopes that the paperwork will come through this next week so I can buy my ticket for the end of March.  The Lord’s timing is perfect.  I am confident in this, but it would be nice to know when I’m leaving and how to plan.  I have lists to make.  Please pray for my visa, for wisdom in packing, and for comfort through goodbyes.

JoshGOIN’ COURTIN’:  The Lord surprisingly introduced me to a very admirable young man this month, and we are now courting with the blessing of both our parents!  His name is Joshua Wagner.  I met him at a Bible translation meeting; he’s hoping to begin linguistic study this summer.  He is on fire for the Lord and has an incredible heart for the lost.  I am amazed that God has given Josh a peace and desire to pursue this relationship and to wait for me to return from Africa.  It is very obvious that this is the Lord’s hand, and we look forward to seeing what God has in store.  Who knows?  This may be the reason for the strange delays in my departure.  Please pray that the Lord guides us and draws us to Himself more through each other. 

PROTECTION:  Please pray for protection for me.  Going as a single missionary brings its dangers.  Please pray for me, my family, and LBT as we seek God’s wisdom in how to heed warnings.  Please pray specifically against rape, AIDS, kidnap, and abuse and that the Lord will provide a hedge of protection through a Yala family in my village.  I have been encouraged this month by the Moses’ testimony of the way God delivered the Israelites.  In Exodus 14, Moses said to the people,

“Do not be afraid.  Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today.  The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.  The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

May the Lord bless you outrageously as you continue to know and serve Him more!  You are a blessing to me, and I could not have gotten to where I am without you.  I need you!
Click here  for my February letter.


Abiding in His love,
Ruthie

2 comments:

  1. Wow Ruthie! Reading this gave me chills. I am so happy and excited for you, and I will pray for you for all those things you listed. He will protect you! Not always how we think, but He will!

    God did bless me outrageously in this post and I know he will do so more. Thanks so much for sharing dearie! - A., your former roommate's former roommate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. outrageous!!! I love it. Great picture. Later.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails